Performance and Career coach helping you to succeed in career and life
I am a qualified performance and career coach who has 30 years of professional experience working in teaching, training, and career consultancy in public sector organisations.
I am a qualified Careers Adviser and a Registered Career Professional with the Careers Development Institute. I am currently Co-Director of GSP Coaching Ltd, and we deliver coaching, training, and pastoral services to a range of organisations.
Since training as a coach 20 years ago, I have coached hundreds of managers, executives, professionals, employees of all levels plus university students to achieve successful career transition and progress in a wide range of careers. I have delivered training and coached senior managers in the Civil Service, plus managers and staff in the Environment Agency, charities, social enterprises, and small businesses.
After an initial career in HR, I spent many years working as a primary and secondary school teacher including as an Advisory teacher working across 25 schools in Easton and St Paul’s specialising in training teachers in Emotional Intelligence. I then worked as a Manager on award-winning employability and mentoring programme for university students and graduates of all ages from diverse backgrounds.
I set up and led the first employer mentoring programme in UWE Careers which involved 30 mentoring partnerships with law firms and businesses across Bristol, which I continued to manage over several years. In addition, I have worked as a Career Coach and Consultant across all faculties at UWE Bristol and given large scale lectures and delivered workshops in all aspects of career planning and development.
I have a particular interest in the intersectionality of race and gender, have delivered personal development programmes and retreat days for women and I am currently completing my MSc Career Development dissertation in the career experiences of BAME women.
Areas of coaching:
• I excel in helping individuals to evaluate their current performance at work and their leadership style and then review their strengths and competencies and
what they need to develop to succeed as effective leaders and managers.
• I provide the space for managers to tackle persistent problems, challenges, and difficult conversations and help them explore new perspectives and ways of
• I help individuals to focus on their goals and key milestones and support them in how to prepare and achieve their next career move.
• I work with managers to consider issues surrounding equality and diversity and support them to develop their inclusive leadership.
• I coach individuals to be able to manage their stress, improve their well-being and build resilience especially during periods of change and challenge.